Tuesday, July 10, 2012

I found the weight I lost . . .

In 2008 I lost 118 pounds. All. By. Myself. Yup. Started out with Weight Watchers. Then it blossomed into full blown anorexia. Complete with major hair loss, intervention, and forced therapy. Now I am "healthy". Lord, how I hate the word "healthy". To me "healthy" translates to fat. I have anorexia nostalgia. I miss it, I crave it, I especially miss the discipline. So, in my healthiness I have gained 30 pounds (probably more but for now lets call it 30). I will say that I am not happy that I have gained 30 pounds but I will also say that I am VERY happy that I have NOT gained 118 pounds back. This is brave (and hard for me) but I will share some pictures so you can get an idea of where I started, one unhealthy picture, one decent weight loss picture (actually pretty healthy)and then one where you can see the hair loss and a current picture. OUCH - this is hard. I used several tools to lose the weight. Weight watchers, writing down everythig that went in my mouth, then it went to Rockstar energy drinks and everything went to hell in a high priced handbag. I lost the 118 pounds in about 9 months. I also did a project called "project 365". I took a picture of myself everyday for 365 days - good days, bad days. Yup - everyday. Funny story - I wanted them in an album so I could see how far I had come. I went to Wal-Mart to pick up the photos. The guy saw me and immediately went to the get the photos. I asked "don't you need to know my name?" and he looked so annoyed and said "no, I've been seeing pictures of you for the last couple of hours and I recognized you". I left thinking that guy must think must think I must be so vain!!! I laughed so hard. Anyway, then on the 15th on the month I had my husband take a series of 3 pictures of me (wearing a tank top and shorts). One from the front, one from the side and one the back. It was a nice motivator - especially when I felt like I wasn't making any progress. I don't plan to go all the weigh (wow - that was a slip) - all the WAY - to the extremes that I did but I am going to use this blog as an accountability tool and tracking tool. I will try to include some of the tools that I am using, exercise (when I do) - hey I am an honest chic and recipes (this girl LOVES to cook) and anything else that needs to be shared. Also, I will tell you some of my favorite blogs that I find to be amazeballs - there are a couple that are tragic and hysterical at the same time. Some just make you want to be prettier and lets face some make you plan to be a better parent, redecorate you house, create a budget and do all kids of crap that you probably won't get around to doing but you have the best intentions. So if are you ready for some fat camp pics - grab some cheetos and get comfy:

Thanksgiving 2007

Thanksgiving 2008 - same chair

Feb 2009 - Hair Loss

RECENT

So, this is my brave start back to losing that ummm . . . 30 pounds (okay, okay - I said maybe more). We will just see how that goes. I want to lose 40 or so. So - lets us see what I can accomplish. If there is something you want me to add or have questions - email me (follow my blog) or comment.


Oh and with this blog you will also, you will be forced to see my family stuff cause I can't handle two blogs.

No comments:

Post a Comment