Monday, January 21, 2013

Could this be the begining of a love affair?

A few statements that I firmly believe to be true.

**You need to fall in love with the gym**.

**Fake it til you make it, you get your ass sweating until that statement is true**.

**Don't think about the amount of weight you want to lose, or how hard it seems**.

**Focus on the next 10 pounds**.

The one statement that I loathe is "you need to fall in love with the gym". I have NEVER, EVER, let me repeat EVER - loved the gym. In fact - I hate it and can find any excuse to avoid going. Some excuses have been so lame - I refuse to even repeat them. Maybe one day for entertainment purposes I will repeat them. But for now, let us focus on my hatred for the gym. Today, I tried to avoid going (again) but finally just literally turned my car around and went. I intended to walk/run for 30 min - but I decided to walk for 30 min and that turned into 45 and then I used a machine called the NuStep (like an eleptical machine but you actually sit) and pounded out some steps. I don't usually sweat/sparkle at the gym. But today - I did. And - wait for it - I actually enjoyed it. I. Enjoyed. The. Gym. I am planning to go back tomorrow and am kind of excited. Now, this could pass - I pray that it doesn't. In all seriousness - I PRAY that it doesn't pass. I need to fall in love with the gym. I have tracked my food intake today and I need to take in more calories - but I am not hungry and the anorexic mind tells me not to eat (of course). Constant battle. BUT for tonight - I am going to enjoy the fact I enjoyed the gym. (although my inner dialouge is telling me all kinds of negative shit). I have lost 118 pounds - what is 45 in the grand scheme of that?

No comments:

Post a Comment